Roundtable with representatives of business & industry, Tashkent, 2 October 2018
The Roundtable with business and industry representatives was hosted by Tashkent Financial Institute, Tashkent, 2 October, 08:30-15:00 and was followed by a presentation and visit of the Tashkent Campus of the Polytechnic University of Turin.
The event was preceded by the UZDOC 2.0. Consortium meeting & workshop on the role of support staff in doctoral education on Monday, 1 October, by Lisette Schmidt & Bibiane Freche.
With the Roundtable, the project entered into its third and final year of implementation, but also opened the third chapter of the project, related to the future of Collaborative doctoral education in Uzbekistan. Speakers from both Europe and Uzbekistan will discuss the opportunities and challenges of employing doctoral candidates and doctorate holders, and reflected on the success factors of efficient university-industry & business collaboration in the Uzbek & the multi-faceted European context.
For more information :
- Programme of the Roundtable
- Workshop on the role of support staff in doctoral education by Lisette Schmidt & Bibiane Freche
- Collaborative doctoral education in Europe: Partnerships for research, innovation, and career development of doctoral candidates - general presentation by Prof. Flavio CANAVERO, Professor in Electrical Engineering and former Director of POLITO Doctoral School, Polytechnic University in Turin
- Recap on the Turin UZDOC 2.0. Knowledge-sharing event: Common challenges and key takeaways by Claudia GIORDANO, PhD Officer at the Doctoral School of Polytechnic University of Turin and Presentation of Pulatkhon LUTFULLAYEV, Head of International Relations, Namangan State University
- How to deal with University-Industry Relations and Doctorate Candidates by Patrick DI STEFANO, Industrial Relations Manager and Technology Transfer Expert, Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB)
- Introduction Roundtable 1 & Introduction Roundtable 2 by Prof. Flavio CANAVERO, Professor in Electrical Engineering and former Director of POLITO Doctoral School, Polytechnic University in Turin
- Presentation by Prof. Igor STIEVANO, Vice-Rector for Academic and Scientific Activity at Turin Polytechnic University in Tashkent