UZDOC 2.0 enters final stage after meeting in Budapest
UZDOC 2.0 partners met in Budapest, Hungary, on March 12 and 13 for the last consortium meeting and knowledge sharing event before the final event next September in Nukus, Uzbekistan.
The Faculty of Education and Psychology from Eötvös Lórand University (ELTE) hosted the two day event which consisted of discussions on the on-going work, preparation of the final event and sharing of good practices in doctoral education.
After visiting the Doctoral School of Chemistry at another faculty of ELTE on the morning of March 12, the team gathered for the 5th consortium meeting. The participants started by discussing the development work packages, which included presentations about guidelines for the Joint Virtual Doctoral Centre, aimed at improving the quality of doctoral education on the base of the organization of interaction. In the next months the team will concentrate on preparing a document to be signed by all partners where they reiterate their commitment towards the sustainability of the virtual center. The first part of the meeting also included a presentation on the Joint Doctoral Program proposal in the area of Chemistry and on the outcome of the surveys on employers’ expectations from doctorate holders and the level of transferable skills of Uzbek doctoral candidates. Having these in mind, the Uzbeks universities reaffirmed their will to establish a close cooperation between doctoral programs and industry partners, a goal that they recognize it will also require dialogue with the Ministry of Higher Education and Secondary Specialized Education in Uzbekistan.
The second part focused on the dissemination work package, with presentations on the state of play of the dissemination report, which emphasized the urge for EU partners to share the dissemination activities. Upcoming activities, especifically the final consortium meeting, final conference & workshop, were also discussed, with interpersonal skills and management of a project being pointed out as two of the topics for discussion.
The second day consisted of a knowledge sharing event where participants had the opportunity to learn about best practices on the quality of doctoral education and organization of doctoral schools. Learn more about the conclusions of this activity here.
Check all working documents of this event:
- Project's Overview: Point of Situation (Deliverables, Financial, Administrative, etc.)_Aurelie Duchateau
- Doctorate Holders Employability_Survey Conclusions_Antonio Gonzalez
- Surveys response_Antonio Gonzalez
- Work Package 2.8 Presentation_Antonio Gonzalez
- Guidelines for the Joint Virtual Doctoral Centre (Presentation of joint program with TFI)_Aslanova Dilbar
- Joint Doctoral Program Proposal in Chemistry_Zebo Babakhanova
- TCTI and Karakalpak State University JDP_Task Description
- Translation of the UZDOC 2.0 website_Pulatkhon Lutfullayev
- Dissemination Overview Presentation_Gulnoza Aripova
- Dissemination Overview
- Presentation on Upcoming Activities_Bibiane Freché
- Industrial Doctorates_University of Granada
- International School for Postgraduate Studies_Doctoral School of Science, Technology and Engineering_University of Granada
- International School for Postgraduate Studies_University of Granada
- UGR Doctoral School _University of Granada
- Doctoral Studies_University of Granada
- Lessons from the transformation of the doctoral education in Hungary from an Academy-managed system to a university-based system_Adám Kiss
- Quality Assurance in Doctoral Education: European Experiences_Kenneth Wann
- Doctoral education at ELTE: quality requirements, organization, key mechanisms_Péter Szalay
- Doctoral students’ experiences with the new requirements introduced in 2016_Eszter Bükki
- Improving the quality of supervisors' work: good practices in supervisory work_Gábor Halász
- Quality Control of PhD education in Hungary_József Tímár