Uzbek partners met in Tashkent for the first Local Coordination Board meeting
Uzbek partner institutions met at Tashkent Financial Institute on 3 December 2017 for the first Local Coordination Board meeting.
The participants discussed the evaluation and feedback on the 1-day knowledge sharing event in Turin, which took place in October 2017. They concluded that the event was an opportunity to benchmark the best practices for the organization of doctoral studies and research works both in Italy and Uzbekistan. They also concluded the session provided a platform to perform the following:
- to get into more details of scientific and research potential of the host university;
- to get acquainted with the Postgraduate study system and programs;
- to get into more details of funding the research works, for instance, developing the research proposals for calls, the major pros and cons of applying for international donor organizations, working in Marie Curie proposals, working Horizon 2020, implementation and realization the research results;
- to discuss establishing links and collaboration with International Relations Department in host university, - to learn the experience of organizing the start-up activities, spin-offs, to transfer the innovative ideas for industry;
- to learn more about the PhD studies and structure.
During this meeting the board also prepared for the upcoming meeting in Tashkent, taking place in February 2018, and the equipment purchase for the Doctoral Centre.
The meeting ended with a planning of the activities for the year 2018.