Final event UZDOC 2.0 in Nukus
More than 40 participants from Europe and Uzbekistan attended the Final event of UZDOC 2.0 in Nukus, hosted by the Karakalpak State University, from 11 - 13 September.
Akhmet REYMOV, Rector of the Karakalpak State University, opened the final event, and high-level representatives from the Republic of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, welcomed the participants:
- Dauit KURBANIYAZOV, Head of The Social-Cultural Development and Social Organizations Affairs Committee of the Joqargi Kenes of the Republic of Karakalpakstan
- Muratbay JUMANOV, Vice head of Ministry Council of Republic Karakalpakstan for Youth Policy and Social Development Affairs
- Nagmet AYIMBETOV, Chairman of the Karakalpak Branch of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan
The EU Delegation in Uzbekistan and the local Erasmus + office shared a message of appreciation and congratulated the project partners with their achievements. After having a signing ceremony of the official guidelines of the virtual doctoral centre - one of the main accomplishments of UZDOC 2.0- Batirbek Kaipbergenov, Local coordinator of UZDOC 2.0 project in Karakalpak State University, closed the event.
Uzbek and European partners presented their recommendations on career development of PhD Candidates and shared 3 priorities for doctoral education in Uzbekistan. Doctoral students, supervisors and high-level administrative staff from the 7 Higher Education Institutions from Uzbekistan, gathered also for training on transferable skills, research and integrity. In addition, professors from the University of Zagreb and of Vienna presented how the PhD programme at their university was established.
The UZDOC 2.0 consortium met for the last time to prepare the final reporting of the project. The official end date of UZDOC 2.0 is October 14.
- Antonio González & M. Teresa Bajo, University of Granada, Presentation of the survey and recommendations
- Bibiane Freché & Marie-Noëlle Chapelle, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Transferable skills
- Bibiane Freché & Marie-Noëlle Chapelle, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Transferable skills - example of the ULB
- Kenneth Wann, Cardiff University, Transferable skills - example of the Cardiff University
- Kenneth Wann, Cardiff University, Research Ethics and Integrity
- Zebo Babakhanova, Tashkent Chemical-Technological Institute, Implementation priorities in Doctoral Education in Uzbekistan
- Researchers development framework: https://www.vitae.ac.uk/researchers-professional-development/about-the-vitae-researcher-development-framework/developing-the-vitae-researcher-development-framework
- Docpro: http://www.mydocpro.org/en
- MOOCs platforms and MOOCs search platforms incl courses topics such as English, academic writing, research ethics and integrity: